Time to Euromit 2023
HOW TO REACH THE VENUE
Guglielmo Marconi International Airport, 15 minutes by bus from the town centre, links Bologna with the main Italian and European airports. It is a major airport in Italy for the number of international destinations served, with a runway for flights with a range of up to 5 thousand nautical miles and modern technology for safety and environmental protection.
Find more information on the official website of the airport at www.bologna-airport.it
For the strategic geographic location – between downtown and the north – Bologna is the main Italian railway junction, made even more efficient by the high-speed trains, which, together with the new railway station project, has lead to greater development and a significant increase of daily transit of trains and passengers. Bologna is the main Italian railway junction, a high-speed line connects it to Florence (37 minutes) Milan (65 minutes) Rome (2 hours and 22 minutes). Venice can be reached in less than an hour and a half.
- Long-Distance Cycle Routes:
- from Munich to Bologna* – the Cycling Route cross into Italy at the Brenner Pass, than at Calestano (PR) connects to the Ciclovia Francigena, the name for the Italian section of the eurovelo 5; At Mantova you can change route and use the Sun Route*.
- from Norway to Italy, the Sun Route* – the Sun Route touches different countries in Europe, such as Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Czechia, Austria, and Italy (and it arrives at Malta).
- The Via Francigena Cycle Route
The Via Francigena Cycle Route* is the traditional pilgrimage route that runs from Canterbury in south-east England to Rome.
There are 3 variants of the route:
- the Via Francigena Cycling Route is the closest to the Via Francigena hiking route, crossing into Italy at the Gran St Bernard Pass;
- the Ciclovia Francigena is the name for the Italian section of the eurovelo 5. The eurovelo 5 follows the Swiss national route 3 from Basel to Chiasso in Italy taking the Gotthard pass;
- there’s also the Moncenisio variant of the Ciclovia Francigena, which starts at the Col du Mont Cenis.You can stop at Piacenza and then take the route to Bologna from here.
*Please, note that these are external websites not managed by the Organizing Secretariat of Euromit 2023.